Clerk FAQ’s

Where is the Bangor Township Clerk's Office Located?

180 State Park Drive (corner of Wheeler Road and State Park Drive) Who can register to vote? To register to vote in Michigan you must be: a U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age by election day a resident of Michigan and of the city/township where you are registering to vote.

Where do I register to vote?

We encourage you to register at the Township Clerk’s office. Voters may also register to vote by mail, at your county clerk’s office or by visiting any Secretary of State branch office. In addition, specified agencies providing services through the Family Independence Agency, the Department of Community Health, and the Department of Career Development offer voter registration services to their clients. Military recruitment centers also provide voter registration services. Eligible citizens can now register in person at the Clerk’s office with proof of residency starting 14 days before an election and continuing through 8 pm on Election Day. Change of address? You may change your address within the Charter Township of Bangor by filling out a new voter registration form available at the above-mentioned agencies or by sending in your voter ID card with your new Bangor Township address on the back.

Lose your registration card?

A new card may be obtained from the Bangor Charter Township Clerk’s office or by calling (989) 684-8041 during regular business hours.

May I register to vote by mail?

YES. Individuals who register to vote by mail must vote in person in the first election following their registration.

Do I have to re-register for each election?

NO. Registration is permanent as long as you continue to live in the city or township where you are presently registered. However, if you move, you must re-register at your new address. Persons changing their names as the result of marriage or a legal action should report this to their local clerk. Also, if any changes are made to your Driver’s License, this change will be reflected in the voter registration files (Qualified Voter File) and if done at the Secretary of State’s Office, they will give you the opportunity to register.

How is my residence determined?

By Law, residence is where you habitually sleep, keep your personal belongings, and have your regular place of lodging. You may not register at your business address. Military service members, U.S. Government employees and their families living outside of the U.S. may register to vote at their last legal residence within the U.S.

Do I need to declare a party preference when I register?


If I register to vote will I then be called for jury duty?

NO. Jury duty is determiend from the Driver’s License File.

Does everyone have to register to be eligible to vote?


How do I know where to vote?

At the Township precinct you are registered as indicated on your voter registration card. If you do not know the location of your polling place, check with your Township Clerk. Visit VOTING PRECINCTS for the polling places list for the Charter Township of Bangor.

When are the polls open?

In Michigan, polls open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.

What should I do if my name does not appear on the list of registered voters?

Answer any questions the election inspector may ask in attempting to confirm your registration or contact your Township Clerk.

How can I find out if I am registered to vote?

Call the Township Clerk’s office at (989) 684-8041.

May I receive assistance when I vote?

YES. Any elector may request voting assistance from the precinct board without stating a reason, in which case two inspectors (one from each political party), will render assistance. If you need assistance because you are blind, disabled or unable to read or write, you may ask anyone (except your employer, an agent of your employer or an officer or agent of your union) to give you assistance.

Voter Assistance Terminals (VAT) are available in every precinct for use by a voter that would otherwise needs assistance.

Is campaigning allowed on Election Day?

YES. All campaigning must be conducted at least 100 feet away from the entrance used by voters in which the polls are located.

What if I make an error on my ballot?

If its an absentee ballot, return it sealed in the envelope, to the Clerk’s office and a new ballot can be re-issued. If you make an error on your ballot at the polls, return the ballot to the election inspectors and ask to have another ballot issued.

What are the procedures to run for an office?

Persons interested in seeking a public office in Bangor Township may contact the Clerk’s Office.

Is Voter Information available for purchase?

Qualified Voter File records are available from the Clerk’s office. There are several formats available at various costs.

What is the difference between a primary and general election?

A Primary Election is held by the political parties to select their nominees for the offices to be elected at the upcoming general election. In a primary, any party that qualifies may appear on the primary ballot, the candidates compete against each other within their respective party affiliation. In a primary, a vote must be cast for an individual party ONLY. Split party voting will be rejected. Primary Elections are held the first Tuesday of August.

A General Election is between all qualified party nominees. The general election determines which candidate(s) will occupy the office that is to be elected. A vote may be cast for any party candidate the voter may elect. Statewide and local ballot proposals may also appear on the general election ballot. General Elections are held the first Tuesday of November.

Township Information

Contact Us:

180 State Park Drive, Bay City, Michigan  48706

(989) 684-8931

Supervisor - Glenn Rowley                         Clerk - Dawn Bublitz                         Treasurer - Karie Wardynski




A boat launch access site is located at 1600 Martin Street, Bay City.

Annual and daily passes are available. 

Daily Parking/Boat Launch……………………………………………………………. $5.00
Annual Boat Launch Pass (Bangor Township Resident)………………………… $25.00
Annual Boat Launch Pass (Non Bangor Township Resident)…………………… $35.00

For additional information call 989-684-8531.