Administrative Offices will be closed every Friday in August.
- Wrap (or check) insulation blanket around water heater. Place insulation on intake and outtake water lines from water heater.
- Check and insulate gaps around windows, doors, air conditioners, and any pipe or wire that enters the house from outside.
- Lower thermostat temp when going to bed or for long periods of time when the house is empty. A programmable thermostat can be set to adjust the temp so you don’t have to.
- Open curtains/ blinds during sunlight hours to let in heat and keep them closed at night to help insulate against the cold. Investing in thermal lined curtains will eventually pay off.
- A great ‘green’ health tip for the winter is to just keep moving. Instead of turning up the heat the next time you feel chilled try some aerobic movement. It could be as little as walking around the house, maybe going up and down some stairs, to setting up a workout routine that you repeat throughout the day just to get the blood moving a little faster. It’s great for the heart, muscles and your heating bill.